debug tip after earlycon is closed?

Rabin Vincent rabin at rab.in
Mon Aug 8 02:08:57 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:20:22PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> To me, what this means is that the DT parsing of linux,stdout is
> broken - while it may look nice from a design point of view, the
> design is wrong and fails to take account of non-UART consoles in
> the system.

Note that the brokeness you describe also leads to stdout-path being
unable to put the console on any serial port but the first, as reported
here:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2015-February/323811.html

It always puts the console on the first serial port if CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE
is not enabled, even if the stdout-path property requests a different
serial port.