[GIT PULL] STi DT updates for v4.7 #1

Lee Jones lee.jones at linaro.org
Thu Apr 21 05:13:59 PDT 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 03:20:50PM +0200, Maxime Coquelin wrote:
> > Hi Olof, Arnd and Kevin,
> >
> > Please consider this first round of STi DT updates for v4.7:
> >
> > The following changes since commit f55532a0c0b8bb6148f4e07853b876ef73bc69ca:
> >
> >   Linux 4.6-rc1 (2016-03-26 16:03:24 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcoquelin/sti.git
> > tags/sti-dt-for-v4.7-1
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to a8ff73843d015af1a65e94604677c2efd9ae70d4:
> >
> >   ARM: STi: DT: STih407: Switch LPC mode from RTC to Clocksource (2016-04-05
> > 15:42:29 +0200)

> > Highlights:
> > -----------
> >  - Add CPUFreq support to STiH407 family
> >  - Add Mailbox nodes to STiH407 family
> >  - Add RemoteProc nodes to STiH407 family
> >  - Use 'reserved-memory' for DMA memory on STiH407
> >  - Use the LPC timer as a clocksource

> > Lee Jones (9):
> >       ARM: STi: STiH407: Provide generic (safe) DVFS configuration
> >       ARM: STi: STiH407: Provide CPU with clocking information
> >       ARM: STi: STiH407: Link CPU with its voltage supply
> >       ARM: STi: STiH407: Provide CPU with a means to look-up Major number
> >       ARM: STi: stih407-family: Add nodes for Mailbox
> >       ARM: STi: DT: STiH407: Enable Mailbox testing facility
> >       ARM: STiH407: Add nodes for RemoteProc
> >       ARM: STiH407: Move over to using the 'reserved-memory' API for
> > obtaining DMA memory
> >       ARM: STi: DT: STih407: Switch LPC mode from RTC to Clocksource

Probably simpler to reply here, rather than to the patches themselves.

> We use the format;
>
> ARM: dts: STi: <...>

First I'd heard that this is now the defacto format.  That certainly
wasn't the case when these patches were first authored.  I will adopt
it from now on.

> for DT changes.
>
> Also, I've sent several replies directly to patches that should be
> revisited (or dropped):
>
> ARM: STi: stih407-family: Add nodes for Mailbox: Fix unit-ids.

These were left out due to historical reasons, but yes, they should be
in there now.  Will change.

> ARM: STi: DT: STiH407: Enable Mailbox testing facility: Should probably not be
> in DT.

Depends what your reasons are for not wanting it in DT.  The node has
no real use, dispite testing, so I can't really justify it being in
the upstream kernel.  Will remove.

> ARM: STiH407: Add nodes for RemoteProc: Doesn't conform to the bindings patch.

Not sure what you mean here.  Again, there have been some changes over
time.  The evolution of change is reflected in the two RemoteProc
patches in the set.  The resultant file should conform to the
documented bindings.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead