[GIT PULL] Renesas ARM Based SoC Drivers Updates for v4.7

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Thu Apr 14 17:33:46 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:19:04AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Olof,Simon,
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> wrote:

> >> The reason these are small separate patches is because especially the
> >> first one may be backported to stable, as it's a real bug fix.
> >
> > Ok, so then the second shouldn't just remove cortex-a8, but rework the function
> > (yet again).
>
> Sure, reworking it...
>
> Simon: I'm a bit surprised to see that "ARM: shmobile: timer: Fix preset_lpj
> leading to too short delays" got postponed to v4.7, while commit 406663ed61c8
> ("ARM: shmobile: defconfig: Do not enable CONFIG_CPU_BPREDICT_DISABLE") is
> already in v4.6-rc1.  The latter makes bad behavior due to too short delays
> more likely to happen.
>
> Sorry for not noticing before.

Likewise, sorry for the mix-up.

I can think of two ways to resolve this, likely there are others:
1. Submit "ARM: shmobile: timer: Fix preset_lpj leading to too short delays"
   or conversely
2. Submit a reversion of 406663ed61c8 ("ARM: shmobile: defconfig: Do not
   enable CONFIG_CPU_BPREDICT_DISABLE") as a fix for v4.6.

Or perhaps it is a problem that can just be ironed out in v4.7.
Let me know what you think.