[GIT PULL] Qualcomm Driver Updates for v4.7

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Wed Apr 13 11:41:34 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:21:56AM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> On 04/13, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > THis does:
> >
> > -config ARCH_MSM8974
> > -       bool "Enable support for MSM8974"
> > -       select HAVE_ARM_ARCH_TIMER
> >

> > ... and I don't see the HAVE_ARCH_ARM_TIMER added anywhere. So it looks
> > like you might need to pick it for ARCH_QCOM_A_FAMILY now?
> >

> That was part of the original series[1]. Splitting up patches
> into topic branches is problematic here it seems.
>
> [1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1448485478-21699-3-git-send-email-sboyd@codeaurora.org

The HAVE.* options are usually expected to be set through selects, not
necessarily driven by a user choosing them. So I think adding a select here is
the right way to do it.

HAVE.* options are usually used for dependencies for the user-exposed options.
I.e. only ask if you want arch timers if HAVE_ARM_ARCH_TIMERS is set, etc.

-Olof