All OMAP platforms: MMC is broken

Nishanth Menon nm at ti.com
Fri Sep 25 19:54:36 PDT 2015

On 09/24/2015 08:13 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> [150924 16:42]:
>> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [150924 02:04]:
>>> Nightly testing has revealed that both the OMAP3430 LDP and the OMAP4430
>>> SDP fail to boot due to lack of working MMC.  Both platforms fail to
>>> find their rootfs, which is on a SD card.
>>>
>>> The breakage occurred somewhere between trees of September 9th (commit
>>> 4e4adb2f4628) and September 12th (commit b0a1ea51bda4), so during the
>>> merge window.
>>
>> Yes sorry things got messed up in multiple ways :( I've summarized
>> the mess here earlier:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mmc/33911
>>
>> And today commit b9c93646fd5c ("regulator: pbias: program pbias register
>> offset in pbias driver") hit mainline so I'll send a pull request for
>> the related dts change.
>
> Kishon, while testing I noticed there are still at least two
> issues remaining that seem to need fixing in the MMC driver:
>
> 1. The legacy booting without device tree does not probe MMC at
>    all on omap3
>
> 2. I'm getting the regulator warning on omap4 duovero
>
> Anyways, I'm sending a pull request for the fixes so far as that
> gets MMC working again for most platforms.
>
> Regards,

With 0925, i think the patches got merged. here is my testing status on
the boards I have access to:

https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/tree/next-20150925

Looks like with omap2plus_defconfig, at least
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150925/omap2plus_defconfig/am335x-evm.txt
somethign is broken there - dunno what yet.

There are a few more farm related failures in various locations, but not
too interesting.

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon