Steps to submit a new arch/arm port

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Tue Sep 22 08:48:09 PDT 2015

Mason <slash.tmp at free.fr> writes:

>> - the clock support should probably go to drivers/clk, unless this is
>>   a clocksource driver, which should go to drivers/clocksource. Add a
>>   DT binding spec. If you lack DT support, don't bother sending it,
>>   but send the rest anyway.
>
> I'll take a look at Mans' DT clock code, but I want to simplify it.

I wrote the clock driver using some incomplete documentation for 865x,
additional details gleaned from ancient vendor kernel source, plus trial
and error on an 8643 chip.  If I could have done it any simpler, I would
have.  I don't have any information on the 87xx series, so it's possible
the clock tree is completely different there.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com