Recent GIC v1 patch

Mason slash.tmp at free.fr
Thu Sep 17 09:53:15 PDT 2015

On 17/09/2015 18:11, Måns Rullgård wrote:

> Mason writes:
>
>> Hello Thomas, Marc,
>>
>> Mans pointed me to a recent patch of yours.
>> irqchip/gic: Use IRQD_FORWARDED_TO_VCPU flag
>> Get rid of the handler_data abuse.
>>
>> I'm using a Cortex A9 based SoC. The platform's interrupt
>> controller is cascaded into the GIC. I've been trying to
>> get this to work for two weeks with no success.
>>
>> Details can be found here:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/440327
>>
>> Do you think your patch my help with my situation?
>
> Just try it and we'll know soon enough.

I'll do that first thing tomorrow, but I wanted to bootstrap
the process, in case someone in a different time zone could
provide some insight.

By the way, am I using a unique setup?

Platform intc -> GICv1 -> Cortex A9

Must be quite common, I don't see why I would hit a rare
bug with a common setup...

Regards.