mysterious crashes on OMAP5 uevm

Grazvydas Ignotas notasas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:31:44 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 14.09.2015 um 21:02 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
>
>> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [150914 05:16]:

>>> Please test the following patch:
>>
>> While we're waiting for Grazvydas to test.. Looks good to me:
>>
>> Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>
>
> I have tested on:
> * GTA04 with DM3730 (OMAP3)
> * Pyra prototype with OMAP5432
> No X server crashes seen any more.
>
> Tested-by: H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>

Tested-by: Grazvydas Ignotas <notasas at gmail.com>
on OMAP5 uevm running v4.2 built with omap2plus_defconfig.
On v4.3-rc1 hsmmc controller probe is deferred for whatever reason and
never reprobes, so my rootfs is never mounted and I could not test,
but that looks unrelated.

I guess it's worth marking this one for stable.

Gražvydas