sdhci: runtime suspend/resume on card insert/removal

Jisheng Zhang jszhang at marvell.com
Mon Sep 14 01:18:04 PDT 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 13:43:32 +0530
Vaibhav Hiremath <vaibhav.hiremath at linaro.org> wrote:

> On Monday 14 September 2015 11:58 AM, Jisheng Zhang wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:55:56 +0530
> > Vaibhav Hiremath <vaibhav.hiremath at linaro.org> wrote:

> >> So Jisheng,
> >>
> >> You are ok with above change, right?
> >
> > Nope. the above is just to clarify my mixing "wakeup IRQs" and the card
> > insertion/remove irq that brings sdhci host resumed.
> >
> > IMHO, your patch is still not necessary and perhaps wrong.
> >

> Don't be in hurry to conclude,
> Let's understand the technical aspect fist.
>

> Let me clarify once again here,
>

> The card detect interrupt is coming from SDHCI controller itself,

But how the SDHCI controller generate CD interrupt when it's in runtime suspended
state, i.e clock gated or power gated?

> I have confirmed that the runtime PM is working perfectly fine,
> clock is gated/disabled on card removal.

But seems we still didn't know the sdhci host is clock gated or power gated.

> Clock Gating:
> =============
> #
> # devmem 0xd4282854
> 0x0000181B
> # [ 1318.948460] mmc1: card 1234 removed
>
> #
> # devmem 0xd4282854
> 0x00001800
> #

Can you plz read the SDHCI host registers after this step? If the host is
clock gated, we should get "asynchronous external abort" in theory.

Thanks