[LINUX RFC v2 0/4] spi: add dual parallel mode support in Zynq MPSoC GQSPI controller

Ranjit Abhimanyu Waghmode ranjit.waghmode at xilinx.com
Wed Sep 2 10:12:14 PDT 2015

Hi Marek,

In case of dual parallel configuration of this controller there are different modes like single, dual and quad mode.
Whatever you are suggesting would fit only in the case of Quad mode operation as both buses would have 4 lines each.
In case of single mode of parallel configuration, there would be two buses; but the line on each bus would one. So altogether there will be two lines.
And in case of dual mode of parallel configuration each bus will be having two lines. So altogether 4 lines will be there.
So keeping 8 lines would not support above two modes of parallel configuration correctly.

Logically it is a single flash with 8 IO lines but physically it's a two flash devices and each has 4 IO lines.
So, in this case, read and write addresses should be always even and minimum data that can be accessed is 2 bytes.

Regards,
Ranjit