Porting MIPS IRQ handler to ARM

Mason slash.tmp at free.fr
Wed Sep 2 09:25:22 PDT 2015

On 01/09/2015 18:58, Florian Fainelli wrote:

> On 01/09/15 09:14, Mason wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to port to my ARM platform: IRQ handling code written for MIPS.
>> https://github.com/mansr/linux-tangox/blob/master/drivers/irqchip/irq-tangox.c
>
> Calling clear_c0_status() and write_c0_status() in tangox_irq_handler()
> sounds like a layering violation here, this should be taken care of by
> the interrupt code once proper parenting between the MIPS IRQ controller
> and your tangox controller is established.

Following Mans' suggestion, I deleted the arch-specific code, and
the driver now compiles and links.

Unfortunately, I still can't get it to work, and I've been banging
my head against the wall over this device tree monstrosity.

tangox_irq_init() fails in irq_of_parse_and_map()

I see that
irqchip_init is called
gic_of_init is called
but of_irq_parse_one(dev, index, &oirq) fails... :-(

Also, it makes no sense to me that an "interrupt-parent" specifies
"downstream" controllers. Parent relationship usually moves closer
to the "source" (like clk IIRC).

I've attached my (lame) attempt at a device tree.

If anyone can help me, I'd be eternally grateful. It doesn't help
that device tree syntax looks like Klingon to me. My eyes have been
glazing over [1] for days, but nothing is sinking in, and I find
myself unscientifically hacking random bits with 0 success.

[1] Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interrupt-controller/interrupts.txt

Regards.