[GIT PULL 3/6] KVM: arm: use GIC support unconditionally

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Oct 21 06:45:20 PDT 2015

On Tuesday 20 October 2015 15:51:05 Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Should this be "select" or "depends on"? Not a blocker, can always be fixed in 4.4.

We have lots of 'select ARM_GIC' in the tree for platforms that use one, using
'depends on' will limit KVM support to being available only if at least one
of them is being used.

The only platform I can think of that uses ARMv7ve without actually having
a GIC is BCM2836 (Raspberry Pi 2). Can we actually run KVM on a platform
like that? If so, 'depends on' might be better, otherwise let's stay with
'select'.

Note that ARM_GIC is not a user-visible option, you can only turn it on
by picking one or more platforms that have a GIC.

	Arnd