All OMAP platforms: MMC is broken

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Oct 8 01:40:21 PDT 2015

* Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon at ti.com> [151007 16:18]:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 08 October 2015 01:10 AM, Ulf Hansson wrote:
> > On 7 October 2015 at 17:52, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
> >> * Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson at linaro.org> [151007 06:46]:

> >> Well selecting CONFIG_REGULATOR is still optional and force selecting
> >> drivers usually leads into randconfig build issues sooner or later.
> >> And we'd like to make everything into loadable modules eventually.
> >
> > I am not sure I get your point. Perhaps I was too vague in what I suggested.
> >
> > Unless we express the dependencies via Kconfig files (or perhaps via
> > updated defconfigs), how do you expect build/boot automated tools to
> > handle this?
>
> Both omap2plus_defconfig and multi_v7_defconfig has
> CONFIG_PBIAS_REGULATOR enabled [1].
>
> I think by using *depends on* in Kconfig, we'll end up in the same issue
> faced by Russell (since even with that CONFIG_PBIAS_REGULATOR won't be
> enabled) and using *select* can lead to randconfig errors.

Well the way distros deal with issues like this is have everything
possible as loadable modules. We should get the regulator_pbiaa
loaded automatically in that case as long as it's in the dts.. And
as long as we have the MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE entries right.

Maybe we could also use the composite device to indicate when MMC1
is using PBIAS regulator?

Regrads,

Tony