All OMAP platforms: MMC is broken

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed Oct 7 06:26:42 PDT 2015

* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [151007 05:50]:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 08:37:11AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [151006 08:04]:

> > > This is precisely the kind of crap I'm objecting to.  New kernel versions
> > > come along, and things break because people add extra Kconfig symbols that
> > > previous versions did not rely upon - and there's no communication of
> > > what's required for new kernel versions.
> > >
> > > This stuff needs documenting, so that people are aware what changes they
> > > need to make - please put something in Documentation/arm/OMAP which
> > > tracks what new additions are required to the Kconfig to keep things
> > > working.
> >
> > Good idea, how about something like the following? AFAIK that's the
> > only .config option needed as MFD_SYSCON is selected by Kconfig
> > already.
>
> Right, that resolves the issue.  Now, what's the story on the revert
> and the other patch - have they already been taken for -rc kernels?

Not yet, I was waiting for the confirmation from you. I've now posted the
revert with proper description and the fix so Ulf can pick them up and
merged as regression fixes for the -rc series:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=144422416621373&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=144422416921375&w=2

Regards,

Tony