A problem about interrupt when booting a captured kernel

Marc Zyngier marc.zyngier at arm.com
Wed Nov 18 03:29:29 PST 2015

On 18/11/15 08:03, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
> On 11/17/2015 06:07 PM, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:05:23 +0900
>> AKASHI Takahiro <takahiro.akashi at linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Marc,
>>> (Cc: Mark)

>>> I removed machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() from my arm64 kdump patch series[1]
>>> due to the past discussions[2].
>>>
>>> Is it the time that I should resurrect the code?
>>
>> Probably.
>
> Let me make sure.
> Have your patches here, especially #1, also addressed the issue that you pointed out
> in [1]?
>
> [1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2015-April/338969.html

Patch #1 still has the current behaviour (deactivate any in flight
interrupt), but does it in a more complete way. The additional 3 patches
make sure that the GIC (any version) is not affected by having active
interrupts when getting initialized.

These are the two sides of the same coin, basically. I'm still not fond
of what we do in machine_kexec_mask_interrupts(), but we can't rely on
the secondary kernel doing the right thing either.

Thanks,

	M.