[BISECTED] v4.3-rc5: OMAP1 boot hang

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Nov 12 16:57:22 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:44:44PM +0200, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any suggestions how to debug this further? This happens also with v4.3
> final. Is the CPU_SW_DOMAIN_PAN supposed to work with this CPU?
>
> I tried to disable various drivers (e.g. NAND, USB) and it still
> hangs... And it seems always at the same printk time stamp (roughly at
> 25 seconds).

No idea what so ever, and I have zero knowledge of this ARM925 thing -
never had one, and never seen any specs on it.  The weird thing is
that it's not producing any oops dump - I guess the kernel is totally
dead and unresponsive.  I'd ask if you have a heartbeat LED, but I'd
guess the answer will be that the hardware is too limited.

Any additional information you can give might help, but I wouldn't hold
out any hopes...

according to speedtest.net.