Minimal support for dm814x

Delio Brignoli dbrignoli at audioscience.com
Tue Nov 10 02:23:35 PST 2015

On 10 Nov 2015, at 09:50, Matthijs van Duin <matthijsvanduin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 November 2015 at 16:06, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
>> The PLL support is still missing, so it relies on the bootloader
>> configured PLL values for now. I'm hoping to post PLL support patches over
>> next few weeks and then we can have that and more devices working for v4.5.
>
> Ah, yes, configuring a DPLL-LJ is fun.. figuring out how to write the
> desired ratio as M/(M2*(1+N)) while simultaneously satisfying all
> constraints on M, N, M2, refclk, and dco. :-)

Yes, indeed. We have the additional requirement of being able to adjust the frequency (by a relatively small amount) without loss of lock. Recalculating the DCO mode and M,N,M2 from scratch each time based on the target frequency, like was done in the 2.6.37 based tree from TI was not acceptable, so we try to change m2 first to see if we can reach the target frequency and fall back to recalculate parameters from scratch if that fails.

BTW, are you aware of section 2.1.2 of “TMS320DM814x DaVinci Digital Media Processors Silicon Revisions 3.0, 2.1”? <http://www.ti.com/lit/er/sprz343c/sprz343c.pdf>

Regards
—
Delio