ARM64 kexec/kdump timeline

Timur Tabi timur at codeaurora.org
Wed May 27 16:14:33 PDT 2015

On 05/27/2015 11:39 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> ACPI support has just been merged and is still experimental. You
> should be able to boot your system by passing a DT blob at the
> initial boot that matches your hardware. Can you try if that
> makes kexec work?

If I had an initial DT blob that matched by hardware, I wouldn't need
ACPI support!  This is an ARM64 Server system.  There is no device tree
for the hardware.  Everything is in ACPI.

What does x86 do?  They don't have device trees, but they do use ACPI,
so how does kexec work there?

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the