Hibernation on ARM64

Lorenzo Pieralisi lorenzo.pieralisi at arm.com
Fri May 22 04:02:18 PDT 2015

Hi Christian,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 07:34:06PM +0100, Christian S. Perone wrote:
> Hello, I haven't found any information, road map or something like
> that for the hibernation support for ARM64, does anyone knows if there
> is something planned to support this in near future ?

Adding arch support for hibernation to arm64 should be fairly simple,
it is not top priority at the moment simply because there are not
compelling use-cases (on the PM side most features revolve around
CPUidle and suspend-to-idle and S2R).

To answer your question, yes I have planned to support it, I just
do not want to add it to the kernel for no particular reason, if there
are compelling requirements (I guess you are asking for a specific
reason) it can be done fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Lorenzo