[PATCH v3] arm, imx6, dts: add DT for aristainetos2 board
shawn.guo at linaro.org
Wed May 20 18:31:45 PDT 2015
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 09:04:25AM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 01:13:54PM +0200, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> > >>+ * Copyright (C) 2015 Heiko Schocher <hs at denx.de>
> > >>+ *
> > >>+ * This file is dual-licensed: you can use it either under the terms
> > >>+ * of the GPL or the X11 license, at your option. Note that this dual
> > >>+ * licensing only applies to this file, and not this project as a
> > >>+ * whole.
> > >>+ *
> > >>+ * a) This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> > >>+ * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
> > >>+ * published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
> > >>+ * the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> > >>+ *
> > >>+ * This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> > >>+ * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> > >>+ * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
> > >>+ * GNU General Public License for more details.
> > >>+ *
> > >>+ * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public
> > >>+ * License along with this file; if not, write to the Free
> > >>+ * Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston,
> > >>+ * MA 02110-1301 USA
> > >
> > >checkpatch warns that you should not include this paragraph because the
> > >mail address might change in the future and it is contained in COPYING.
> > Hmm... Shawn mentioned to change it to the "GPL/X11 dual licence"
> > as in the arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl-warp.dts file ... so I copied this
> > from there ... is there a better option for this?
> It seems I pointed you to a bad example. Let me try again, see
> arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-hummingboard.dts for example.
Just saw a patch from Fabio fixing license text a bit for the file, the
following is the one with the fix-up.
* Copyright (C) 2014 Rabeeh Khoury (rabeeh at solid-run.com)
* Based on dt work by Russell King
* This file is dual-licensed: you can use it either under the terms
* of the GPL or the X11 license, at your option. Note that this dual
* licensing only applies to this file, and not this project as a
* a) This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
* version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
* This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* Or, alternatively
* b) Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
* obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
* files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
* restriction, including without limitation the rights to use
* copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
* sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
* Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
* included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED , WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
* NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
* HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY
* WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
* FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
* OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
More information about the linux-arm-kernel