schedule_timeout sleeps too long after dividing CPU frequency

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed May 20 13:52:28 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 22:41:33 Mason wrote:

> Oh... I didn't even think it made sense (and was supported)
> to select more than one machine...
>
> Is this related to CONFIG_ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM?

Yes. In the old days, each platform had its own entry in the top-level
choice statement, which meant they were mutually exclusive. Most of
them are converted now and can be put into a single kernel with
CONFIG_ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM, and we stopped accepting new ones that
don't do this a few years ago.

I have a patch series that converts all remaining ARMv6 and ARMv7
platforms that don't are still standalone to use CONFIG_ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM
as well.

	Arnd