[RFC] arm: Add for atomic half word exchange

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue May 19 23:51:32 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 05:09:35 Sarbojit Ganguly wrote:

> [...]

Is this a multi-cluster SMP system? Those can behave like NUMA
machines in some ways.

We could easily limit the use of 16-bit xchg() to ARMv7 machines
by using

	select ARCH_USE_QUEUED_SPINLOCKS if !SMP_ON_UP

or

	select ARCH_USE_QUEUED_SPINLOCKS if !CPU_V6

when enabling the qspinlock implementation.

	Arnd