ARMADAXP MV78260 CPU-1:failed to come online

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue May 19 01:49:36 PDT 2015

Raghu,

On Tue, 19 May 2015 14:15:49 +0530, raghu MG wrote:

> I am trying latest stable release from kernel.org -->linux-4.0.3.
>
> I have seen this issue in linux-3.10.39 & linux-3.10.32 for which
> Marvell has provided lsp.
>
> This issue doesnt crop up in older version like linux-3.2.40 &
> linux-3.2.52 with uImage
>
> Not sure but I think this is something do with zImage & device tree combination.

Can you please try to boot with appended DTB? Some versions of the
Marvell bootloader tend to do horrible modifications to the FDT, making
assumptions that might be true with their Linux LSP, but not with the
mainline kernel. Using appended DTB is a way of making sure that their
bootloader will not touch the kernel DTB.

Thanks,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons