[GIT PULL 7/8] ARM: tegra: Devicetree changes for v4.2-rc1

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri May 15 04:06:51 PDT 2015

On Friday 15 May 2015 12:43:34 Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 06:09:20PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 May 2015 15:49:39 Thierry Reding wrote:
> > > ARM: tegra: Devicetree changes for v4.2-rc1
> > >
> > > Contains a couple of fixes and additions to device tree files. The most
> > > notable change is a fix for a misapplied patch that was only exposed by
> > > a recent change in the regulator subsystem that caused USB to break on
> > > Tegra124 recently.
> >
> > It sounds like I should merge commit a4b6916cb35 ("ARM: tegra: Correct
> > which USB controller has the UTMI pad registers") into the 4.1 fixes
> > branch as well. Please confirm.
>
> I think you already did. I sent out a pull request for that not very
> long ago and I must have forgotten to drop this patch from the Tegra
> tree after it got applied to arm-soc. The merge commit for this in
> the fixes branch is here:
>
>         https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=155171274d1dd9d9e5a012bd912c592402aa31d2
>
> Hopefully git will be able to merge these together without conflicts.
> Sorry about the dupe.

Everything is fine. Since both branches have the same commit ID,
git can figure out how to do the merges. It would only be annoying
to get the same patch with two different commit IDs.

Ideally, your pull request would mention this kind of situation, so
I don't need to ask or research myself about it.

	Arnd