"drm: Add reference counting to blob properties" breaks Tegra124 Jetson TK1 in linux-next

Daniel Stone daniels at collabora.com
Mon May 11 23:33:04 PDT 2015

Hi Paul,

> On 12 May 2015, at 5:00 am, Paul Walmsley <pwalmsley at nvidia.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks
>
> Tegra124 Jetson TK1 hangs during boot in next-20150508 and beyond:
>
> http://nvt.pwsan.com/experimental/linux-next/testlogs/test_next-20150508/20150508101018/boot/tegra124-jetson-tk1/tegra124-jetson-tk1/tegra_defconfig_log.txt
> http://nvt.pwsan.com/experimental/linux-next/testlogs/test_next-20150511/20150511004533/boot/tegra124-jetson-tk1/tegra124-jetson-tk1/tegra_defconfig_log.txt

Weirdly enough, it seems to work in kernelci:
http://kernelci.org/boot/tegra124-jetson-tk1_rootfs:nfs/job/next/kernel/next-20150511/defconfig/tegra_defconfig/lab/lab-khilman/?_id=5550ef6259b5147b64e060b4

Though maybe it's just good fortune that Kevin doesn't have a display plugged into his TK1.

> Reverting commit 672cb1d6aec7da2799afd1b529d5136d84ed2561 ("drm: Add reference counting to blob properties") gets it booting again:
>
> http://nvt.pwsan.com/pub/pwalmsley-tester/testlogs/test_20150511204703_3838232431c2636ff539f2354c630c0ca3d4b7ad/20150511204703/boot/tegra124-jetson-tk1/tegra124-jetson-tk1/tegra_defconfig_log.txt
>
> I'm not a DRM expert but maybe one of you knows what's going on here?

Thanks for the catch. I have a Nyan-Big Chromebook here, so will try to work it out locally and let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Daniel