[RFC 0/2] Implement SoC bus support for Vybrid

Sanchayan Maity maitysanchayan at gmail.com
Sun May 10 22:11:37 PDT 2015

Hello,

Currently this patchset is based of on our local branch but would like
some comments before I push this to mainline through Shawn's tree.

This patchset implements the following
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-soc

Currently the required information is more or less read across the whole
SoC, but I guess we cannot change that since these are the locations
with the required information.

There seem to be three options for the revision field:
- ROM revision (see https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94802)
- ANADIG revision (ANADIG_DIGIPROC, as used for the i.MX SoC's)
- OCOTP revision

Some numbers:

Colibri VF61 1.1A (2N02G)
- 0x00000013
- 0x00610000
- 0x01000000
- 0x410000c8

Colibri VF61 V1.0B (1N02G)
- 0x00000011
- 0x00610000
- 0x01000000
- 0x410000c8

Colibri VF61 V1.0A (which is actually a VF600 SoC, no L2 cache, since
that was the only one we could buy back then, 1N02G printed on it)
- 0x00000011
- 0x00610000
- 0x01000000
- none...

Colibri VF50 V1.0A (1N02G)
- 0x00000011
- 0x00610000
- 0x01000000
- none...

Vybrid Tower Rev J (1N02G)
- 0x00000011
- 0x00610000
- 0x01000000
- 0x410000c8

Read from u-boot
md.l 0x80 1
md.l 0x40050260 1
md.l 0x400A5090 1

The ROM revision seems to differ most. So we would like to go with the
revision from the ROM register 0x80.

Now coming to the primary question. This ROM revision register is not
really within any of the peripheral maps and I would like to access it
for the versioning information. Currently, I used ioremap like below

ioremap(ROM_REVISION_REGISTER, SZ_1);

which I guess probably is not the right way to do it. What would be the
correct or better way to do this?

Also comments or feedback or any of the other parts of the patch are
also welcome.

Some Sample outputs are below:
On Colibri VF61 V1.1A:
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# ls
backlight      fxosc          regulators     sound          uevent
bl_on          gpio-keys      revision       subsystem
clk16m         machine        soc            sxosc
family         power          soc_id         syscon-reboot
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat revision
00000013
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat soc_id
dbc8435c211629d4
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat family
Freescale Vybrid VF610

On Colibri VF50 V1.1A:
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# ls
backlight               machine                 subsystem
bl_on                   power                   sxosc
clk16m                  regulators              syscon-reboot
family                  revision                toradex,vf50_touchctrl
fxosc                   soc                     uevent
gpio-keys               soc_id
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat revision
00000013
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat soc_id
df63c12a2e2161d4
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat family
Freescale Vybrid VF500
root at colibri-vf:/sys/devices/soc0# cat machine
Freescale Vybrid

Thanks & Regards,
Sanchayan Maity.

Sanchayan Maity (2):
  ARM: dts: vfxxx: Add OCOTP node
  ARM: vf610: Add SoC bus support for Vybrid

 arch/arm/boot/dts/vfxxx.dtsi   |  5 +++

2.4.0