EDMA oftree entry for AM335x

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Sun May 3 23:43:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

since 5e863c561, I get this warning for an AM335x board:

  omap_hwmod: tptc0 using broken dt data from edma
  omap_hwmod: tptc1 using broken dt data from edma
  omap_hwmod: tptc2 using broken dt data from edma

It seems like the code in arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c expects the oftree
entry to look differently than what we currently have in
arch/arm/boot/dts/am33xx.dtsi:

  edma: edma at 49000000 {
          compatible = "ti,edma3";
          ti,hwmods = "tpcc", "tptc0", "tptc1", "tptc2";    <==========
          reg =   <0x49000000 0x10000>,
                  <0x44e10f90 0x40>;
          interrupts = <12 13 14>;
          #dma-cells = <1>;
  };

The patch description says the device should be split into more devices instead
of specifying several ti,hwmods entries, but unfortunately the Documentation
still suggests the above format in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/ti-edma.txt.

How would a correct entry look like?

Thanks,
rsc