Setting reboot type at run time for ARM

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:50:24 PDT 2015

On 17/03/15 14:44, Arun Ramamurthy wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to specify a reset type just before issuing the reboot
> command in the kernel. I know the kernel command line parameter can be
> set as "reboot=w" to indicate warm reset but I want to be able to decide
> this at run time before issuing a reboot command. What would be the best
> way to implement this? Modify the reboot command
> to accept a parameter or is there a standard hook I can use?

If you use the reboot(2) system call you can already specify a large
number of options, for options that are currently not supported by
coreutils' reboot or busybox's reboot, you could probably provide a
shell script wrapper which calls into either your own reboot
implementation or the regular one, would that work?
--
Florian