[GIT PULL] Exynos fixes for v4.0

Marek Szyprowski m.szyprowski at samsung.com
Thu Mar 12 06:03:17 PDT 2015

Hello,

On 2015-03-12 12:04, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>> This groups important fixes for this v4.0-rc cycle. I hope you will find
>> useful such grouping them in a pull request.
>>
> Thanks for your gentle reminder :-)
>
>> 1. Fix second suspend to RAM on Trats2 board. This has shown up
>>     after enabling L2 cache but actually the "use delayed reset
>>     assertion" is to be blamed.
>> 2. Fix power domain issues with disp1 domain and HDMI (some of them)
>>     on Odroid XU3:
>>     - disp1 power domain can be turned off,
>>     - no more "imprecise external abort" faults.
>> 3. Proper fix for build breakage of cpuidle on !SMP. This allows using
>>     Exynos cpuidle driver on UP.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Krzysztof

>> The following changes since commit 2d2c9a8d0a4f90e298315d2f4a282d8bd5d45e5c:
>>
>>    ARM: dts: add display power domain for exynos5250 (2015-02-27 05:29:32 +0900)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>    git://git.linaro.org/people/marek.szyprowski/linux-srpol.git v4.0-rc1-exynos-fixes
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to c1b57bce36a69f3972a1db433d3c8b34e0541e63:
>>
>>    ARM: EXYNOS: cpuidle: Fix build breakage on !SMP (2015-03-11 13:02:08 +0100)

>> Andrzej Hajda (4):
>>        arm/exynos: add asynchronous bridge clock bindings
>>        arm/exynos/pm_domains: add support for async-bridge clocks
>>        ARM: dts: exynos5420: add async-bridge clocks to disp1 power domain
>>        ARM: dts: exynos5420: add async-bridge clocks to gsc power domain
>>
> When I checked the patches, I expected that we could get the review from clock
> guys even we could do it though. And basically/usually the 'RFC' tagging means
> it's not a patch can be upstreamed and will be posted after gathering some
> comments so I didn't queue them in my tree. I'm still thinking like that...

Frankly we thought that if the only comments are reports that the
patches fixed
the issue, there is no need to resend them without any change.

I also don't know why you think that the review from clock maintainers
is needed.
Those patches modify power domain driver and implement the requirements from
exynos5422 technical note about power on/off procedures. The quality of
technical
note is a different story (those requirements are not clearly stated
there and
one need to collect them from different chapters). The patches were
posted with
'RFC' tag, because we were not sure if they will fix the lockup issues
on all
5420+ based boards, but after comments from others it looks that they
are finally
the right approach.

>> Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
>>        ARM: EXYNOS: cpuidle: Fix build breakage on !SMP
>>
> Yeah, we need to fix it up asap and I'll finish it by this weekend. Sorry for
> the inconvenience.
>
>> Krzysztof Kozlowski (1):
>>        ARM: EXYNOS: Fix failed second suspend on Exynos4
>>
> I'll have a look at this with above.
>
> Thanks,
> Kukjin
>
>>   .../bindings/arm/exynos/power_domain.txt           |  3 ++
>>   arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5420.dtsi                  |  8 +++--
>>   arch/arm/mach-exynos/common.h                      |  2 ++
>>   arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos.c                      | 29 +++++++++++++++-
>>   arch/arm/mach-exynos/platsmp.c                     | 39 ++--------------------
>>   arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm.c                          |  2 ++
>>   arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm_domains.c                  | 27 ++++++++++++---
>>   arch/arm/mach-exynos/suspend.c                     |  3 ++
>>   drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-exynos.c                   |  3 +-
>>   9 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski, PhD
Samsung R&D Institute Poland