[ANNOUNCE] Stand-alone kvmtool repository

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Wed Jun 3 10:25:08 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Thanks to a tonne of help (and friendly nagging!) from Andre, I'm
pleased to announce a stand-alone repository for kvmtool:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/will/kvmtool.git

This is a follow-up from a previous thread[1] where we concluded that
this was the right way to go. As requested, the original git history is
preserved but is *not* bisectable since we don't include the kernel tree
in the history. For a bisectable history, the original github repo[2]
should be used instead.

For now, it's living in my area of kernel.org since (a) I already had a
fork there and (b) the patch traffic is pretty low for the project. If
there is sufficient development interest, I can move it somewhere more
appropriate for shared maintenance (e.g. under virt/kvm/).

Anyway, please give it a spin and send patches when it falls over ;)

Will

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/2/23/393
[2] git://github.com/penberg/linux-kvm.git