Unregisrtering a platform driver from another platform driver.

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Jan 21 03:15:28 PST 2015

On Wednesday 21 January 2015 10:27:35 Andy Ng wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to call "platform_driver_unregister" for a static module
> A from a static  module B.
> The static module A register its name  "physmap-flash".
>
> Is there any kernel API to search and find the "physmap-flash" device,
> and then call unregistered with "platform_driver_unregister" from
> module B.

I assume you don't actually mean platform_driver_unregister(), as
that would remove the entire driver, not just the connection between
the driver and the device.

> Any advice will be very much appreciated.

You can do it from user space using the 'unbind' attribute, but I suppose
that's not what you want.

Can you describe why you want to unbind the device?

	Arnd