linux-next: manual merge of the omap tree with the arm-soc tree

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Tue Jan 20 10:40:03 PST 2015

* Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> [150120 10:27]:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
> > * Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> [150119 16:12]:
> >> Hi Tony,
> >>
> >> Today's linux-next merge of the omap tree got a conflict in
> >> arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile between commit cb612390e546 ("ARM: dts: Only
> >> build dtb if associated Arch and/or SoC is enabled") from the arm-soc
> >> tree and commit ac7452cee743 ("ARM: dts: Add minimal support for
> >> dm8168-evm") from the omap tree.
> >>
> >> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> >> is required).
> >
> > Uhh why is cb612390e546 doing formatting changes all over the place?
> > That's a sure way to produce merge conflicts..
>
> It's intentional but a but annoying, yes -- we're resolving them as we
> merge in new DT contents so it won't be exposed outside of our tree
> (and -next, unfortunately).

OK. I don't have anything against cleaning up and sorting things to
avoid merge conflicts naturally :)

Maybe for other similar changes you can set up an immutable branch
abainst v3.xx-rc1 with just the clean-up that people can use as
a base without having to bring in all the other changes?

Regards,

Tony