Regression with legacy IRQ numbers caused by 9a1091ef0017

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Fri Jan 16 16:48:04 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 05:23:05PM +0000, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 16/01/15 16:56, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 January 2015 07:37:48 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> >> * Marc Zyngier <marc.zyngier at arm.com> [150115 06:46]:
> >>
> >> I have a feeling this might bite other platforms too and we just have
> >> not noticed it yet..
> >
> > I'm looking through the entire tree now, scanning for machines that have
> > GIC and use IORESOURCE_IRQ or DEFINE_RES_IRQ in their platform code.
> > Most platforms using GIC are completely converted to DT and have no
> > hardcoded legacy IRQs.
> >
> > I have checked that cns3xxx and realview are both fine by inspection.
> >
> > The only one I'm not sure about is shmobile, which looks like it might
> > suffer from the same problem. Simon/Magnus, could you verify this
> > with a multiplatform kernel on any SoC that has GIC and uses devices
> > that have interrupts defined in setup-*.c or board-*.c?
>
> There are 3 patches floating around for shmobile, converting their
> non-DT support to directly initializing the GIC instead of relying on
> irqchip_init().

There is also a fourth patch pending to fix one last SoC, the r8a73a4.
My understanding is that should be the end of the problems that
we have been seeing in this area.

> That's assuming their DT implementation doesn't use any
> of these device declarations.

I believe that assumption is correct. shmobile does not use any
devices that have interrupts defined in setup-*.c or board-*.c when
booting using multiplatform.