[PATCH v4 00/18] Exynos SYSMMU (IOMMU) integration with DT and DMA-mapping subsystem
m.szyprowski at samsung.com
Fri Jan 16 01:12:54 PST 2015
This is yet another attempt to get Exynos SYSMMU driver with integrated
with IOMMU & DMA-mapping subsystems. The main change from previous
version is a rebase onto latest v3.19-rc4 kernel base, which includes
"automatic DMA configuration for IOMMU masters" patches developed by
Will Deacon. The other change is long avaited addition of DTS patches
for Exynos 5250 and 5420/5422/5800.
Merge plan for this patchset:
1. All iommu related patches (with 'iommu: exynos') can be merged to
iommu tree. They don't have any direct dependencies on the DTS, DRM and
power domain initialization change - without them the driver will simply
not initialize, when no exynos,sysmmu nodes are provided in device tree.
Joerg, could you merge those patches?
2. DTS and power domain patches should go to Samsung Exynos tree. Those
patches depends on my earlier DTS patches for Exynos SoCs, which make
this patchset really complete:
- 'ARM: DTS: Exynos: convert to generic power domain bindings'
- '[PATCH v3 0/7] Enable HDMI support on Exynos platforms'
Kukjin, could you merge those patches?
3. Exynos DRM fix. This patch in my opinion should go Exynos DRM tree.
Inki, could you merge it?
Samsung R&D Institute Poland
- rebased onto v3.19-rc4 and other Exynos DTS queued patches
- added DTS patch for Exynos 5250 & 5420/5422/5800
- rebased onto "[RFC PATCH v4 0/8] Introduce automatic DMA
configuration for IOMMU masters"
- added some minor fixes for iommu and dma-mapping frameworks
- rebased onto "[RFC PATCH v3 0/7] Introduce automatic DMA
configuration for IOMMU masters" patches:
- changed initialization from bus notifiers to DT related callbacks
- removed support for separate IO address spaces - this will be
discussed separately after the basic support gets merged
- removed support for power domain notifier-based runtime power
management - this also will be discussed separately later
- initial version, feature complete, completely rewrote integration
Marek Szyprowski (18):
drm: exynos: detach from default dma-mapping domain on init
arm: exynos: pm_domains: add support for devices registered before
ARM: dts: exynos4: add sysmmu nodes
ARM: dts: exynos5250: add sysmmu nodes
ARM: dts: exynos5420: add sysmmu nodes
iommu: exynos: don't read version register on every tlb operation
iommu: exynos: remove unused functions
iommu: exynos: remove useless spinlock
iommu: exynos: refactor function parameters to simplify code
iommu: exynos: remove unused functions, part 2
iommu: exynos: remove useless device_add/remove callbacks
iommu: exynos: add support for binding more than one sysmmu to master
iommu: exynos: add support for runtime_pm
iommu: exynos: rename variables to reflect their purpose
iommu: exynos: document internal structures
iommu: exynos: remove excessive includes and sort others
iommu: exynos: init from dt-specific callback instead of initcall
iommu: exynos: add callback for initializing devices from device tree
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4.dtsi | 118 +++++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4210.dtsi | 23 ++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4x12.dtsi | 82 +++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi | 250 +++++++++++++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5420.dtsi | 178 +++++++++++
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm_domains.c | 9 +-
drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_iommu.c | 3 +
drivers/iommu/exynos-iommu.c | 490 ++++++++++++++----------------
8 files changed, 884 insertions(+), 269 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel