OMAP 4430 SDP: rather sick with recent kernels

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jan 15 02:48:32 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:10:08PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:09:26AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > This seems like it could be a similar issue to what we were seeing on
> > omap3 where the legacy IRQ mappings went wrong without using the
> > irq_domain_add_legacy(). Maybe vexpress affects NR_IRQS or something?
> >
> > Also, I think we could now disable the legacy DMA init completely
> > except for omap2 and 3.
>
> I've added a "cat /proc/interrupts" which should reveal whether the IRQs
> have changed between the two different builds.

Okay, both omap4 and combined kernels indicate that the legacy DMA gets
the same interrupt:

 44:          0          0  4a310000.gpio  18  DMA

so that can't be the issue as the combined kernel spits out the warning,
but the omap4 kernel doesn't.  Something else is going on which causes
this; the hint that it's got something to do with this is just a symptom
of some other problem.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.