Linux 3.19-rc3

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Jan 10 11:51:03 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 5:37 AM, Will Deacon <will.deacon at arm.com> wrote:

>> Will?
>
> I'm wondering if this is now broken in the fullmm case, because tlb->end
> will be zero and we won't actually free any of the pages being unmapped
> on task exit. Does that sound plausible?

But did anything change wrt fullmm? I don't see any changes wrt fullmm
logic in generic code.

The arm64 code changed more, so maybe there was somethinig I missed.
Again, arm64 uses tlb_end_vma() etc, so arm64 certainly triggers code
that x86 does not.

I can revert the commit that causes problems, but considering the
performance impact on x86 (it would be a regression since 3.18), I
would *really* like to fix the arm64 problem instead. So I'll wait
with the revert for at least a week, I think, hoping that the arm64
people figure this out. Sound reasonable?

                                  Linus