stand-alone kvmtool

Will Deacon will.deacon at arm.com
Wed Feb 25 04:16:11 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 05:23:58PM +0000, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Pekka,

Sorry for the delay, I've been away from email for a few days.

> On 2/18/15 5:50 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> > Thanks for doing this. Since it looks unlikely that kvmtool will ever be
> > merged back into the kernel tree, it makes sense to cut the dependency
> > in my opinion.
>
> I am certainly OK with a standalone repository which preserves the
> history. Will, would you like to take over the proposed new repository
> and put it somewhere on git.kernel.org, perhaps?

Sure thing. I'll sync-up with Andre and reply back here when we've got
something sensible.

One extra point that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread so
far is that separating kvmtool from the kernel sources is likely a
prerequisite for distribution packaging. Once we've got something sorted
out, I'll poke some friendly local debian developers and see if they can't
package it up for us.

Will