stand-alone kvmtool

Andre Przywara andre.przywara at arm.com
Fri Feb 13 06:40:29 PST 2015

Ciao Claudio,

On 13/02/15 14:30, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> Hello Andre,
>
> On 13.02.2015 11:39, Andre Przywara wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as I found it increasingly inconvenient to use kvmtool[1] as part of a
>> Linux repository, I decided to give it a go and make it a stand-alone
>> project. So I filtered all the respective commits, adjusted the paths in
>> there (while keeping authorship and commit date, of course) and then
>> added the missing bits to let it compile without a kernel tree nearby.
>> The result is now available on:
>>
>> git://linux-arm.org/kvmtool.git
>> http://linux-arm.org/kvmtool.git
>
> It builds fine on x86_64, but when I tried to crosscompile from x86_64 to AArch64,
> I get in trouble because of libfdt: I have the aarch64 libs (static and shared), but how do I instruct the build system to get it from the right place?

You have to install them into your cross-compiler's SYSROOT.
Get the location of that by executing
$ ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc -print-sysroot.
If it's just for libfdt, it's probably the easiest to copy them
manually, the header files into $SYSROOT/usr/include, the libraries into
$SYSROOT/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu
That fixed it for me ;-)

For a more robust approach you would use your distribution's packaging
system to install the aarch64 package into $SYSROOT.

Cheers,
Andre.