arm: kprobe compilation error

Jon Medhurst (Tixy) tixy at linaro.org
Mon Feb 9 01:44:39 PST 2015

Hi Janusz

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 16:17 +0100, Janusz Użycki wrote:
> I got the compilation error on next-20150204:

[...]
> In file included from arch/arm/probes/kprobes/core.c:37:
> arch/arm/probes/kprobes/core.h:43: error: '[*]' not allowed in other
> than a declaration
[...]
> gcc version 4.2.4

Thanks for reporting this, is it OK if I add to a patch to fix this a
line saying "Reported-by: Janusz Użycki <j.uzycki at elproma.com.pl>"?

Whilst the extra '*' looks like an obvious typo, it's interesting that
your error message implies that it's allowed in some situations and that
the version of GCC that I use (4.9.1) doesn't complain about it.
If it's valid C, I've no idea what that syntax that might represent.

--
Tixy