Delays, clocks, timers, hrtimers, etc

Stefan Agner stefan at agner.ch
Fri Feb 6 13:31:41 PST 2015

On 2015-02-06 22:17, Mason wrote:
> Stefan Agner wrote:
>
>> Just recently I added support of ARM global timer as clocksource for
>> Vybrid SoC. This SoC doesn't use cpufreq, hence it is safe to use the
>> ARM global timer. The nice thing of device tree is, the patch to add
>> support for that did not change a single line of code:
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1794460
>
> Hello Stefan,
>
> Your changes are not yet accepted in mainline, are they?
> (I don't see them in 3.18.5)

The changes have been accepted and went upstream in the 3.19 merge
window, see
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=81c4831907fb00efdc97093b09e333009a57d005

> Do you also use the ARM local timers in your port?
> Is there generic code to handle them?

It seems that there has been support for local timers once, but has been
removed. But I'm not aware of the details:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/2/22/49

--
Stefan