imx_v6_v7_defconfig needs lzop

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Thu Feb 5 03:12:17 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Uwe Kleine-König
<u.kleine-koenig at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 03:41:45PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Isn't this error happening due to the lack of 'lzop' package installed
>> > on the host machine?
>>
>> Indeed.
> I guess you don't want to ask for help or report a build breakage, but
> question if it's sensible to let a defconfig depend on a host tool that
> isn't commonly installed, right?

Right.

The maintainers of the host machines were in the To-header, in the hope they
would install the missing tool.
The arm people were in the Cc-header, so they can question their defconfig.

Sorry, I should have been clearer from the beginning.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds