[PATCH 4.4-rc5 v22 0/4] irq/arm: Use FIQ for NMI backtrace (when possible)
daniel.thompson at linaro.org
Sun Dec 20 12:52:33 PST 2015
This patchset modifies the GIC driver to allow it, on supported
platforms, to route IPI interrupts to FIQ. It then uses this
feature to allow the NMI backtrace code on arm to be implemented
The patches have been runtime tested on the following systems, covering
both arm and arm64 systems and those with and without FIQ support:
* Freescale i.MX6 (arm, gicv1, supports FIQ)
* Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (arm, gicv2, does not support FIQ)
* Hisilicon 6220 (arm64, gicv2, does not support FIQ)
* Rebase on v4.4-rc5 to adopt the new NMI backtrace code from Russell
* Polished a few comments and reorganised the patches very slightly
(shifted a couple of arm changes to patch 4).
* Fixed bug in the way gic_handle_fiq() checks whether it is safe for
it to read IAR.
* Change the way SGIs are raised to try to increase robustness starting
secondary cores. This is a theoretic fix for a regression reported
by Mark Rutland on vexpress-tc2 but it also allows us to remove
igroup0_shadow entirely since it is no longer needed.
* Fix a couple of variable names and add comments to describe the
hardware behavior better (Mark Rutland).
* Improved MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER support by clearing FIQs using
handle_arch_irq (Marc Zygnier).
* Fix gic_cpu_if_down() to ensure group 1 interrupts are disabled
when the interface is brought down.
For changes in v20 and earlier see:
Daniel Thompson (4):
irqchip: gic: Optimize locking in gic_raise_softirq
irqchip: gic: Make gic_raise_softirq FIQ-safe
irqchip: gic: Introduce plumbing for IPI FIQ
ARM: Allow IPI_CPU_BACKTRACE to exploit FIQ
arch/arm/include/asm/smp.h | 9 ++
arch/arm/kernel/smp.c | 6 +
arch/arm/kernel/traps.c | 9 +-
drivers/irqchip/irq-gic.c | 235 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
include/linux/irqchip/arm-gic.h | 6 +
5 files changed, 245 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel