[PATCH v6 0/9] mfd: axp20x: Add support for RSB based AXP223
wens at csie.org
Wed Dec 16 08:32:09 PST 2015
This is v6 of the AXP223 PMIC series. v6 fixes the address of the AXP223
in the DT. Hope this series makes it into 4.5, and we can then support
even more AXP PMICs in 4.6+.
Lee, can you take the first 7 patches. Once they're in, Maxime can take
the DTS patches.
Changes since v5:
- Correct AXP223 address to 0x3a3.
Changes since v4:
- Get rid of second parameter of axp20x_match_device() (new patch 2)
- Match against dev->driver->of_match_table, so the entirety of
axp20x_match_device() can be kept in the core. (new patch 3)
- Move *_device_id tables to bottom of the driver, right above driver
declaration. (patch 4 & 6)
- Remove extra whitespaces while moving i2c specific code (patch 4)
- Remove leftover whitespace and code style issues in axp20x core
(new patch 5)
- Remove extra whitespaces in rsb specific code (patch 6)
Changes since v3:
- Removed settings for axp223 reg_rtc_ldo from board dts files that
are already in axp22x.dtsi. The name is kept.
- Dropped simplefb label and defconfig patches, as they are merged.
Changes since v2:
- s/It's/Its/ for the commit messages of patches 5 and 7
- Add Rob's Acked-by for patch 1
Changes since v1:
- Dropped NMI interrupt controller dts patch (Merged)
- Change MFD_AXP20X to represent the axp20x core, and drop MFD_AXP20X_CORE
- Keep the axp20x core bits named axp20x.c
- Add patch 7 to add AXP223 to sun8i-q8-common.dtsi
- Add patch 8 & 9 to update defconfigs
- Make axp20x drivers tristate and buildable as modules
- Drop "_sunxi" substring from identifiers in axp20x-rsb driver
This series adds support for the Reduced Serial Bus based AXP223 PMIC.
The AXP223 is functionally identical to the AXP221, which we already
support. Only some default values for the regulators are different.
The defaults fit their recommended application, paired with different
Patch 1 adds AXP223 to the list of supported chips in the DT binding.
Patch 2 gets rid of the extra "struct device *" parameter from
Patch 3 makes axp20x_match_device() use dev->driver->of_match_table,
so the function can be library-ized without modification.
Patch 4 splits the axp20x mfd driver into 2 parts, a core library, and
an I2C driver.
Patch 5 cleans up some leftover whitespace issues in axp20x core.
Patch 6 adds an RSB based driver for the AXP223.
Patch 7 adds support for the AXP223 regulators
Patch 8 enables the AXP223 PMIC and its regulators for the Sinlinx
Patch 9 enables the AXP223 PMIC and its regulators for A23/A33 based
Q8 tablet devices.
Chen-Yu Tsai (9):
mfd: axp20x: Add AXP223 to list of supported PMICs in DT bindings
mfd: axp20x: Remove second struct device * parameter for
mfd: axp20x: use dev->driver->of_match_table in axp20x_match_device()
mfd: axp20x: Split the driver into core and i2c bits
mfd: axp20x: Whitespace, open parenthesis alignment code style fixes
mfd: axp20x: Add support for RSB based AXP223 PMIC
regulator: axp20x: Support new AXP223 PMIC
ARM: dts: sun8i: sinlinx-sina33: Add AXP223 PMIC device and regulator
ARM: dts: sun8i: q8-common: Add AXP223 PMIC device and regulator nodes
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/axp20x.txt | 7 +-
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-a33-sinlinx-sina33.dts | 76 ++++++++++++++++-
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-q8-common.dtsi | 83 +++++++++++++++++-
drivers/mfd/Kconfig | 25 ++++--
drivers/mfd/Makefile | 2 +
drivers/mfd/axp20x-i2c.c | 102 +++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/mfd/axp20x-rsb.c | 78 +++++++++++++++++
drivers/mfd/axp20x.c | 101 +++++-----------------
drivers/regulator/axp20x-regulator.c | 3 +
include/linux/mfd/axp20x.h | 34 +++++++-
10 files changed, 418 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/mfd/axp20x-i2c.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mfd/axp20x-rsb.c
More information about the linux-arm-kernel