[linux-sunxi] [RFC] ARM: dts: sunxi: Add regulators and board-specific operating points for LeMaker BananaPi

Timo Sigurdsson public_timo.s at silentcreek.de
Sun Aug 2 15:00:06 PDT 2015

Hi Stefan,

you didn't include me in your answer, hence the late reply...

Stefan Monnier schrieb am 29.07.2015 02:02:
>> IMHO for a common maximum opp that's a good approach. But for the lowest
>> frequency setting, it would seem more logical to me, to raise the voltage
>> to a point where all boards will run fine with them, unless those boards
>> cannot handle the frequency regardless of the higher voltage.

> I generally agre, tho IIRC some measurements seem to indicate that the
> lowest frequency settings did not bring much (if any) reduction in power
> consumption, making them rather useless.

That's an interesting point. However, that would be a different discussion. I
wouldn't mind if the 144MHz would be removed - my point was just that if it's
supposed to be a common setting, it should work on all boards. I posted a patch
today to fix this. [1] That might be a good place to discuss whether this
setting should be removed entirely.

Regards,

Timo

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/fIfbdn7mrQA