ARM errata 430973 on multi platform kernels

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Apr 28 11:13:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 07:17:28AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> [150423 03:26]:
> > However, I don't think anyone is willing to say that they have a
> > solution to this problem - obviously, you can't build OMAP as a
> > non-multiplatform kernel anymore, so in effect you can never have
> > the kernel enable this errata.  And you can't detect whether you're
> > running in secure mode or not.
> >
> > We could do the "only write the bit if it was originally clear" but
> > we still have the problem that doing so may cause other people
> > regressions.
>
> How about we keep the bit writing part !multiplatform conditional
> (or even remove it) but always do the flush for ca-8?
>
> Then we could also do a warning for a misconfigured ca-8 later on.

Yes, we could do this - we'll have to rely on the boot loader doing
the right thing and setting this bit appropriately.  For those
platforms where this doesn't apply, I don't see any solution as (iirc)
OMAP now requires MULTIPLATFORM to be enabled.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.