[GIT PULL] ARM perf updates for 4.1

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Mon Apr 13 02:28:12 PDT 2015

Hi Will,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:10:12AM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 04:05:40PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Will Deacon <will.deacon at arm.com> wrote:
> > > Will Deacon (1):
> > >       ARM: pmu: add support for interrupt-affinity property
> >
> > As most DTSes lack this property, we now get scary warnings:
> >
> >         CPU PMU: Failed to parse <no-node>/interrupt-affinity[0]
>
> That's a harmless warning (i.e. perf will `work' as before), but I'd like to
> print something to say that we didn't find the property.

Shouldn't we have a warning only if that property makes some kind of
sense?

I mean, I agree on the fact that we want this property if this is an
SPI, but if it is a PPI, it doesn't make any sense to have this
property, and this is very well documented in the binding
documentation.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons