LDP: next-20150402: twl4030 regression?

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Apr 8 14:46:54 PDT 2015

Hi Felipe,

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015 11:35:59 -0500 Felipe Balbi <balbi at ti.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 01:45:22PM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> > On 04/06/2015 10:27 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I noticed a similar warning with AM437x SK
> > >
> > posting intermediate debug results:
> >
> > I did a bisect on the merge commits to identify which tree the
> > regression got introduced, looks like it is the merge from akpm tree -
> > I have not yet looked deeper.
> >
> > b58a6c0b0808 Merge branch 'akpm-current/current'
> > ---> FAIL http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2540641
> >
> > ef31288bdf44 Merge remote-tracking branch 'livepatching/for-next'
> > --> OK -> http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/2540778
>
> yeah, this works on my SK too. I bisected it further down to one commit.
>
> commit 6dfc11e36ee0 is the first bad commit, but looks like that's not
> in linux-next anymore.

Please give at least the summary line as well when you refer to
commits.  They get rebase and rewritten which means that their commit
SHA1 changes ...

That commit is "kernel/time/hrtimer.c: restart_syscall: use freezable
blocking call" and, indeed, it was removed from linux-next and Andrew's
tree.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au