imx/mxs dcp memcpy access?

Mark Williams mwp at mwp.id.au
Mon Apr 6 08:55:33 PDT 2015

Greetings all,

First, my apologies is this isn't the correct place to be asking this.

I'm developing software running on a iMX28 SoC.
At the moment large'ish memcpy's are using up a decent amount of processor time.

Ive noticed in the "i.MX28 Applications Processor Reference Manual"
that the iMX28's DCP provides a memcpy function.
It appears this is used in some way by the mxs crypto functions in the kernel.
Is there any way i can gain access/use the dcp memcpy from userspace?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Williams.