LDP: next-20150402: twl4030 regression?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Apr 6 06:58:29 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 08:53:36AM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On 04/06/2015 08:45 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 08:21:49AM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> >
> >> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150401/omap2plus_defconfig/ldp.txt
> >> looks clean, but
> >
> >> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150402/omap2plus_defconfig/ldp.txt#L488
> >> seems to have picked up a regression in the regulator driver.
> >
> > Please provide actual bug reports if you're trying to report something -
>
> Apologies, I should have been a little more clear.
>
> > at least a description of the problem you're seeing and some attempt at
>
> Test was a simple boot test. There seems to be a lockdep reported at the
> very least in the log provided (see
> https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20150402/omap2plus_defconfig/ldp.txt#L488
> ).

I think what Mark is trying to say is to include a fuller description of
the problem, and don't expect people to fire up their web browser to get
a basic overview of what the problem is.

My guess is that the problem _appears_ to be that someone's added a call
to debug_check_no_locks_held() into schedule_hrtimeout_range_clock()
without considering what this means.

What it means is that you can't now use usleep_range() from within any
driver probe function - which is absolutely absurd.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.