ARM errata 430973 on multi platform kernels (was: OMAP3-N900: Add microphone bias voltages)

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 06:52:10 PDT 2015

On Sunday 05 April 2015 15:45:28 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> Hi,

> > > Seems like "include/configs/nokia_rx51.h" has been
> > > forgotten. Note, that the kernel must still be able to
> > > enable the bit itself (in case NOLO is used without
> > > u-boot).
> >
> > You must not expect that bootloader set something. Nokia
> > N900 has closed and signed bootloader which cannot be
> > easily replaced and or fixed.
> >
> > For N900 there is U-Boot but it does not support lot of
> > things (load kernel via usb or serial) so for developers it
> > is better to use original Nokia bootloader.
>
> Yes, I'm aware of that. I think having the IBE bit set in
> u-boot has advantages nevertheless. I think the kernel can't
> enable the bit sufficiently early if its compiled in
> thumb-mode itself (CONFIG_THUMB2_KERNEL).
>
> So I suggest to enable the IBE bit in the kernel (that part is
> already done) *and* in u-boot.
>
> -- Sebastian

Yes. Code for both (U-Boot and linux kernel) exists and are
already included.

In linux kernel code is since 3.14-rc6 and in U-Boot code is
there since beginning of Nokia N900 support (2013.04) directly in
board code.

I believe that you guys do not remove or break that code :-)

Nokia N900 needs slightly different code for setting IBE bit as
other omap3 boards. For info is in commit message of commit
4748a7240284b0f68bd47a66365c2cd561939830.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com